top of page
  • Instagram
  • Facebook
  • Which schools do you service?
    All schools in Madison City, Madison County, Huntsville City, & Lawrence County school districts.
  • What issues/behaviors do you help with?
    Our counselors are in the schools to walk with students through any areas of struggle. Some of the most common issues that we see are anxiety, depression, life changes, grief, trauma, behavioral concerns, parent-child relationships, self esteem, self harm, stress management, and most other common issues that a child or adolescent might face.
  • How can I get more information about the EC counselor at my school?
    Parents can also reach out to the school counselor at their child's school to receive more information and get connected with their specific Enrichment Center counselor.
  • How much does it cost for my child to see an EC counselor?
    Our services are provided at NO COST to our students and their families. Additionally, we do not bill insurance. Our partnerships with the schools and community donors make this possible!
  • When should I refer for counseling?
    We receive referrals for a number of different reasons. Some examples are as follows: - You notice an abrupt change in behavior in your child/student and are not sure what is going on. - The child has recently experienced a life change - Behavior concerns and outbursts either at home, school, or both - Difficulty regulating emotions If you are unsure whether or not a student would benefit from our services, feel free to reach out to your school counselor or an EC counselor, and begin the discussion today!
  • Do you offer medication?
    We do not prescribe medication. However, we provide referrals to outside agencies that are able to access and provide additional needs when necessary.
  • Where do the counseling session take place?
    In a safe and private location within school property.
  • How often will counseling sessions take place?
    The student will see their EC counselor based on their level of need. We have students that meet with their counselor on a weekly basis and some that are able to meet every other week.
  • How does the referral process work?
    Please reach out to the school counselor at your school for specific details on how the referral process works as each school is different. If you are unable to reach him/her, please contact us at Overview of the Referral Process We can receive referrals from school counselors, teachers, school staff/administration, parents, and students themselves. Elementary and Middle School The school counselor/administration/Enrichment Center counselor will contact the parent to provide information about the services that the EC counselor can provide. If the parent chooses to participate in the EC program then the counselor will send them additional information and confidential paperwork to complete prior to beginning services. Once all paperwork has been completed and the process explained, then the counselor will be able to begin working with the student. High School For students over the age of 14, the student can be self-referred or referred by a teacher/administrator/parent. The student will be contacted and told about the services that can be provided by the EC counselor. If the student wishes to start services they sign all the required documentation and begin meeting with the counselor.
bottom of page